Monday, August 18, 2008

mommy's long day away

today mommy started her internship at the morrison center. it's a place where children and families in portland who don't have a lot of money go for help when they are having a hard time. mommy is going to help them get and stay healthy so they can learn to take better care of themselves. she's very excited about this ministry and work opportunity, it's very different than any work she's ever done and she's pretty sure God had a special purpose in allowing us to stay here in portland so she could work there. mommy is a little sad though because it means she has to go to work everyday and she misses me. she gave me lots of kisses this morning. we got up extra early so we could spend some quality time together before she had to go. i hung out with her in the bathroom while she got ready and then we had breakfast together. she had some blueberries and cereal and i had my rice cereal then before she left she rocked me back to sleep so daddy could get some more rest before he had to get up for his day. when daddy had to go to work too i got to go to uncle andy and auntie lisa's house for the day. we had lots of fun together. mommy doesn't need to worry about me because i always have lots of fun with uncle andy and auntie lisa and they take very good care of me. today we chatted online with grandma and grandpa yarborough! it was super fun. mommy got done with her internship orientation early so she made it back in time to take me to my swimming lessons and then we got to spend the rest of the evening together. mommy said she missed me bunches and she smothered me all night with hugs and kisses. i'm gonna be alright but i'm not sure mommy is!

No comments: