Thursday, July 10, 2008

adventures in the wild errr... northeast

hello everybody. since i'm practically five months old now i figured it was about time i started chronicling and detailing the events of my sojourns about town. daddy loves to read blogs so mommy thought this might be a good way to record things.

remember the herb and vegetable garden mommy and i planted?



well, it's completely overrun with weeds and mommy is rather distressed about it so she had big plans today to do some more gardening and lawn work but i just wasn't feeling it. i preferred instead to suck on my green thumb. so after much effort had been made by mommy to arrange a lovely little resting place in the shade for me to watch her work i let her know that i wasn't down with the whole earth- mommy- clean- organic- veggies- in- the- dirt thing and i made loud protests until she finally gave up. isn't that what farmers markets are for? we cleaned up and after my afternoon nap we headed over to our local branch of the Multnomah County Library.







i'm beginning to take a greater interest in reading now and mommy has read most of my books a number of times so we decided to visit the library for some variety. our library has a program to encourage young literary-minded individuals like myself to read and they sent us one of my favorite books (see my recommended reading list on the sidebar) along with some coupons for more books. mommy couldn't wait for this outing so today, since she had the day off and wanted to spend it with me, we got me a new library card! here are some of the titles i'll be reading in the youth summer reading program:


3 comments:

Misty and Matt said...

This might have to be my favorite blog...hope no one else reads my comment! Such a great idea BJ. He's looking like such a cute little man! See you tomorrow- can't wait :)

annabell said...

This is such a cute idea, from your sons perspective. I havent seen him for a while...he is adorable!! Are you going to be working at MAC camp this next week? I hope I will be able to see you and your beautiful son!

Dana said...

my kids loved chugga chugga choo choo! way to go jonas on getting a library care- big stuff!